Lubuntu + Pandora = Pithos

Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 | Posted by Unknown | Labels: , ,
Lubuntu and Ubuntu 10.04-12.04
If you're like me, you installed Lubuntu on your netbook because it is such a lightweight OS. The last thing I want to do is import my entire music collection on the hard drive, but I need my tunes! Enter Pithos.

Pithos is a Pandora client that plays high-quality, ad-free music from your Pandora account in a flash-free app. Did I mention it's ad-free?
To snag this app, open up LXTerminal and enter the following:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kevin-mehall/pithos-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pithos
In closing, all systems are a bit different, but I had some issues playing Pithos out of the box. It gave me a gstreamer error. If you run across this same issue, open Synaptic (Menu -> System Tools -> Synaptic Packet Manager) and search for gstreamer.
I installed the following two packets and everything worked perfectly.
gstreamer-tools
gstreamer0.10-alsa
Did you find this post helpful? Subscribe to our RSS feed and stay connected with Lubuntu Tips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment